Date(s) - Tuesday 25th February
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
ECAP Tuesday Sessions at ACE Closed – Contact Us via Phone & Email
Please find below an update on how to contact ECAP during the Covid-19 emergency – you can now ring ACE 0131 557 6242 at any time and leave a message, and we will get back to you.
ECAP/Edinburgh Claimants are continuing our support for and solidarity with claimants as well as all those up against the authorities – but due to the emergency coronavirus situation we have had to completely close our Tuesday drop-in sessions at ACE. Instead we are switching to advice, support and solidarity via phone and email. Please see below….
How to Contact ECAP – Until Further Notice
Please note this is an update on earlier announcements….
- Ring 0131 557 6242 any time and leave a message. We will aim to ring you back within two days. Best to leave a short message with your phone number, please speak your number slowly and repeat it.
- Email us at email@example.com any time, we aim to reply within two days. If you don’t have email you could ask a friend to contact us on your behalf. Please leave a phone number if possible.
- If either of these are impossible you can either put an envelope through the door of ACE addressed to ECAP or write to us at ECAP, c/o ACE, 17 West Montgomery Place, Edinburgh EH7 5HA – but please note we can only be sure of picking up mail approximately once a week.
Please contact us if you have an ongoing problem which is not yet resolved. Please don’t hesitate, it will help us if you get in touch.
The struggle continues.
Food / Money / Benefits Emergency?
- The Scottish Government has more than doubled the amount in the Scottish Welfare Fund and extended who can apply, to support people hit by the coronavirus situation and abolished the 3 times per year limit for Crisis Grants. You can apply for a Crisis Grant or a Community Care Grant plus a foodbank referral. To apply in Edinburgh, ring 0131 529 5299 or apply online. For more info see ecap’s SWF page. If knocked back contact us.
- Plus check out our new Coronavirus Support page.
We are a group standing in solidarity with all those being treated unfairly. Our website is here.
Every Tuesday between 12 and 3 pm we hold an advice and solidarity drop-in here at Ace (Cancelled for the foreseeable future – we are still contactable by phone and email). We welcome those experiencing problems including work related, dole, council services, housing, debt or poverty.
We are only volunteers, not professionals, but will share our knowledge as best we can and always try to campaign collectively against the unfairness in our society.
Check out the ECAP leaflet below.
Our drop-ins can get very busy so please come early and prepare for a bit of a wait! Free food is often available as well as information about what we have here at ACE including any events and campaigns we’re involved in.
If you’d like to volunteer, or just hang out and provide a friendly ear to listen, please come along or get in touch.
The Autonomous Centre of Edinburgh